Sawyer & Evan

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 10: Glucose Test Results

Interval         Abnormal reading           Mine 

Fasting         95 mg/dl or higher             95

1 hour           180 mg/dl or higher            214
  
2 hours         155 mg/dl or higher             210

3 hours          140 mg/dl or higher            142

They are going to try to control my glucose levels by diet and check my levels every morning before my first meal and two hours after every meal. If it controlling my diet is sufficient, there will be no need for an insulin shot. I think the test is rigged... just kidding just kidding.

I'm about to be put on all the monitors again, which in case you don't know are the contraction monitor and two fetal heart rate monitors. We dislike all three equally because for me, my belly doesn't like the added pressure and I'm guessing for the babies it makes them more crowded. But, I will take an hour of monitoring three times day rather the dreaded continuous! :)

Also, I'm getting a longer leash... I mean IV line!! The Good: showering much easier :)  The Bad: More line for me tangle

3 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    Love
    Chase, Nicole and Landon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Christy! You look so beautiful and have such a great attitude and spirit! I had a much shorter hospital bedrest, but know what you're going through! You are all in my prayers and I am so very proud of you and Aaron. I'm cheering for team Eaton and keeping those babies in the oven! God Bless and thank you for keeping us updated! Love, Gracie, Tresby and Cristian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt Gracie!! Your so sweet! Christian just gets cuter and cuter!! I loved the pictures that Stef showed me of him! I hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete