Sawyer & Evan

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

DAY 16: 29 Weeks!!!

I'm 29 weeks today!!! One more week until I am 30 weeks, which is important because the neonatologist said my first week here, that when they are brought babies born 30 weeks, they can breathe a sigh of relief because they do so well usually. She said often they do not even need ventilators to help them breathe! So, I'm really happy to be one week closer, though of course I'm really hoping to go as long as possible :)

Today we had the growth ultrasound! It was quick one compared to the ones we would have at the Baylor Clinic, and the tech that came to us was from Baylor. The babies are still head down, with baby a still lowest. The macine estimated that baby a was 2lbs 7oz and that b weighed 3lbs 3oz . I think baby a is still measuring average and b above average.

At the 26 week checkup it was estimated they weighed- A: 1 lb 15 oz    B: 2lbs 7oz

I am glad to see they are both growing well! I was a bit worried if being on bedrest would affect their development, but it appears not! I guess Tubs and Tiny- which Aaron so affectionately dubbed them as while in utero- is still fitting!! (aaron is also the one who named the stray kittens we had taken in for a while fat stinks and scaredy stinks- which they were called that for months!)

Photobucket

Other than that, nothing new really- they changed my monitoring sessions from one hour each to thirty minutes- which is the norm. Babies are moving well and look fine on the monitors. Aaron will be off the next 3 days :) Aaron's birthday is Janurary 2nd!!! I think he is working days that day.

glucose 95, ???, 110


No comments:

Post a Comment