Sawyer & Evan

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 9

8am
Glucose test is a go. We started at 5 am this morning and it will be over very soon. My results from the one hour two weeks ago was 151 which the cut off is 130-140 i think

Interval                 Abnormal reading


Fasting                  95 mg/dl or higher

One hour               180 mg/dl or higher

Two hours            155 mg/dl or higher

Three hours          140 mg/dl or higher


I spoke to  a doctor this morning, Dr. Carpenter. Goodness I have seen so many different ones since I have been here! He believes in his experience, that magnesium works best with multiples and advises that instead of taking chances with other options that i should stick with the magnesium sulfate IV till at least 30 weeks and then possibly re-evaluate.

Dr. Carpenter said that in his 30 years that he's only seen about two other patients have contractions like mine which are 4 or so in row, then nothing, then come back again and if he remembers correctly, they did end up having their babies early.

It seems everyone finds it strange that I feel nothing in relation to the contractions I have been having. Which makes me wonder if maybe my contractions are maybe just not very intense.


Anyway, as usual I feel just fine, and am thinking the babies are well too from all the jabs and pokes I have been getting from them this morning.

I have just been given clearance for leisurely wheelchair rides... i haven't been out of this room in soo long!

Just a note: everyone that comes in seems impressed by Lindsey's cute little laptop. Dr. Carpenter said his staff would tell him about it haha!  Thanks so much Linds for letting me borrow it! I have been able to keep up with our bills and xmas shopping :) or let me know if you need it back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment