Sawyer & Evan

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 10: 32 Weeks

Yesterday I had an appointment at Baylor Clinic for a growth ultrasound and biophysical profile (measures the health of the babies). The babies are still looking great!! They are jumbled in my tummy prettty good!

This whole pregnancy I had been thinking that I could never feel my baby B's (Tubs) movement, becauseI mostly felt movement on my right side where A is. Today, however, I found out that A's little feet are by his head somehow, and it's B's feet that are kicking me on the upper right side! And, on a cute note, at the time they said that A's hand was kind of above B's head, so I kind of picture A with his arm around his brother!

They checked their estimated weights today and of course B is still bigger.

Last Ultrasound at 29 Weeks:
A: 2lbs 7 oz
B: 3lbs. 3.oz

Current approximate Weigh in:
A: 3lbs 9oz
B: 5lbs!! (yes my eyes were wide)

The doctor that looked appeared a bit suprised about thier continuing weight difference until he saw that there has been a weight difference since the begining and chalked it up to different DNA. He did check both their umbilical cords and saw that they were both getting an adequate amount of nutrition.

After the growth, they did the biophysical profile which the tech said is a common procedure when a patient has Gestational Diabetes and Preeclampsia (I have a mild case) among other things.  They recorded the babies moving to reassure the doctors that they are not sluggish, measured the amniotic fluid (adequate amount), perfomed a non stress test (I think), and recorded the babies as they were practicing breathing! They will have me come in for this twice a week.

The tech said that babies can turn their breathing on and off! They only practice when they want too- how funny! She had to give both babies a start with this strange buzzing and vibrating device to see if it would get them breathing or moving. She put the sound device right by their heads and it sure gave them a jolt! Poor babies!

And of course, I am 32 weeks today!!! It has now been a little over five weeks since the night I had to call Aaron at work to come home and take me to St. Lukes. And those of you who have heard how crazy I can be in a stressful situation like that (911 my kitties are scared!) can imagine how crazy I was at first!

Every day that these little guys stay inside, is for me, another day they do not have to be in the hospital. I am thankful for every day that passes and pray for many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment