Sawyer & Evan

Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 5: HOME!!!

That is correct!! I have been home since Monday night!! First the nurse comes in and asks if I have a blood pressure cuff (which I do not, but my Mother in Law does =) then a doctor pulls me out bed rest boogie at around 2pm. Usually I only see a doctor early the in the morning. She couldn't wait to tell me that I would be discharged that day and that one of Baylor doctors would be in later to give me instructions and more information. I was there for four weeks and one day and would be 31 weeks the next day.

I have to admit, I was worried and excited about going home. The ride home was a bit painful also and I ended up staying in state of increased discomfort for the next two days. I really thought that I was going to end up in the hospital by the time I went to the doctor again, which was only two days later! My doctor said that everything still looked good, and checked me to see if I had dialated more since I had felt some pain after leaving the hospital. I was still the same and fine to go home.

She did say that my a baby (tiny) is really low and could be the cause of the pain and discomfort I was feeling. She also said that she doubts I will make it to full term (36-37 weeks) and that I could go into labor anytime in the next few weeks!!! She would like to see me make it to 34 weeks. I will be 32 weeks next Tuesday =)

I still have to be on bed rest, take the procardia six times day, the insulin pill twice a day, check my blood pressure before I take the procardia, and weigh myself everyday.

I have to start going to my doctors twice a week now for ultrasounds to make sure the babies are fine. My next appointment is next Tuesday and Friday both for ultrasounds and Friday to also see a doctor.

  • Oh my, it is so great to be home!!
  • No more nurses waking me up to put me on the monitor, or prick my finger at six in morning.
  •  No more doctors coming in at five to six in the morning to ask me the same questions they asked me the day before (honestly if something had changed, I would not hesitate to let them know)
  • No more cleaning ladies coming everyday and leaving the strong scent of pinesol in the room.
  •  No more tiny bathroom!! No more having to deal with the staff (only a couple- most were great)that could very easily make our day a bit more unpleasant.
  • No more sometimes hour and half drive to work for Aaron!
  • Oh, and No more hospital food!!! =)

Today I had to go to a diabetes class, which my Dad took me to. It was good thing, because I think it opened his eyes to couple things and I had a good refresher of what they had told me last time I spoke with them while still in the hospital.
Oh and Christopher your in trouble because the battery in the truck died while in the parking garage and I was hungry!! Oh and the hospital is in trouble for not having jumping cables. Which reminds me, if you find a twenty on the console, its for Dad!

Thanks Lindsey and Dave (my Sister and Brother in law)!! The couch is working out wonderfully!!! I might even like it more than the bed because all I need are pillows to support my tummy instead of also needing some for my back!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christy, glad you and the boys are doing well :) and I'm glad you are home I can only imagine how boring it must have been at the hospital! Is your phone on yet? I was going to text you to ask you a few things. So call or text me later if its on! Lots of love from Julie & Tyler!

    ReplyDelete